Butcher's Block Series - Walnut 18x12
This product is currently sold out.
This butchers block is made out of 100% walnut lumber. These cutting boards are designed to meet the same standard demanded by career butchers. We offer custom end grain butcher blocks Canada. The “end grain” style of grain orientation provides the following benefits:
- The board will last upwards of 25 years (even more if you take good care of it)
- The fibers of the wood stand vertically. When you slice into the board you are not severing the fibers. This allows the board in combination with Viridios Cutting Board Finish to be “self-healing”
- Due to the “self-healing” aspect of the board, it will look newer for longer.
- The “end grain” style of grain will also give a darker appearance to the wood.
This Board Features
- Handmade in Canada
- Finished with Viridios Cutting Board Finish
- Both sides can be used
- Made from 100% ethically sourced Canadian lumber
- Additional add-ons to make this board exactly how you want it
- This board can be refinished due to its thickness
Protect Your New Board
All cutting boards made from wood will eventually crack, split, or even gain a permanent odor if they are not properly taken care of. Applying Viridios Cutting Board Finish every 2-3 months will ensure a long life for your board. The process of maintaining and preserving your cutting board is simple:
- Washboard with water and soap
- Dry completely
- Apply the Viridios Cutting Board Finish liberally
- Allow the finish to sit for a minimum of 6 hours
- Buff off all excess wax with a soft cloth
All our wood has variations in the grain pattern, the color of the wood as well as the tone of the board. The color of the wood can be slightly darker or lighter than the picture. Due to the fact that this board is handmade, we must disclose that we allow for up to 1/8 of an inch of variance from the listed size.